Re: OWL Security Ontology (plus question)

A few comments on your ontology.

1. I recommend including owl:Thing in your ontology.

2. Occam's Razor suggests using only those classes
which are necessary in any given situation.
In other words, you may use many different class
hierarchies/lattices, depending on your application.
What is constant is not the hierarchy/lattice, but the
actual things and their properties.

3. You only have one property, let's call it "securityClassification".
You only have one entity class, "Document".
You have many "extra" classes.

4. The basic class hierarchy of your Security Ontology is simply

    Thing
        Entity
            Document
        Property