Simple Semantics Resolution (was RE: [syndication] SSR simplifications (was Simple Semantics Resolution - RSS 2.0 Module))

> I think this is worthy of note in the RDF/SW community. Dave Winer has,
> in the past, been openly hostile to the Semantic Web and RDF. However,
> when someone goes to the trouble to remove the need for RDF/XML syntax,
> while preserving the model, he welcomes it with open arms, and actually
> gets excited about it.
>
> I suspect the response from many other SW nay-sayers would be similar
> if this type of approach were more universally adopted...

> > From: "Dave Winer" <dave@userland.com>
> > I wanted to just chime in with a "Good job" to Danny. This is how you
> > do
> > evangelism. Meet people where they are, offer a benefit, be humble, be
> > inclusive. The idea of getting into the Semantic Web without throwing
> > out
> > everything we've already accomplished is the way to go. There are so
> > many
> > things I like about this. Only thing I'd like to see that isn't there
> > is a
> > full example file. Helps my mind wrap around the details. In any case
> > keep
> > up the good work. Dave

Links to the alleged "Good job" below. Outside of the RSS
blogging/syndication domain, it may be of interest to anyone working with
arbitrary XML and RDF, especially by means of XSLT.

RSS 2.0 is getting very popular, and there are RDF developers know the
territory, especially with RSS 1.0 being expressed in RDF. But there are two
huge obstacles between RSS 2.0 and RDF : a one-man maintenance process and
anything-goes semantics. Mark has led the way with his attitude and RSS 2.0
RFC proposal, I've had a go at cracking the latter problem with SSR.

If the XML user base is behaving like a mountain, RDF advocates should
consider Mohammed.

Cheers,
Danny.
(be humble? pah!)

Simple Semantics Resolution - RSS 2.0 Module
Spec :
http://purl.org/stuff/ssr

SSR-Enabling an RSS 2.0 Module:
http://ideagraph.net/xmlns/ssr/modules.htm