Re: Do resources have representations?

Hi Emmanuil,

Emmanuil Batsis (Manos) wrote:
> Benja Fallenstein wrote:
>> Then how can it be that two URIs that denote the *same* resource can
>> give me *different* representations when I put them into my browser?
>
> URIs have no special meaning in RDF. They are not supposed to locate or
> retreive something as far as the spec goes, AFAIK.

Yes, in RDF the concept of a representation of a resource does not, per
the spec, have any meaning. The discussion I started here is about the
intersection of the Web's and RDF's use of URIs.

So, it's true that this discussion is outside the scope of the RDF spec.
But I want to *use* RDF in a way that involves the Web. I'm interested
in a model of what the Web does (dealing with representations) that can
be expressed in RDF.

- Benja