Re: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

It has been a while, but when I thought about this I came to the conclusion
that just one of (context-id) or (stating-id) was sufficient.

E.g. given a (stating-id), (contexts) can be created as RDF containers and
their contents can be the required collection of (stating-id).

Or, if (context-id) is used, then statements or groups of statements can be
isolated and referenced by placing them into separate (contexts).

#g
--

At 15:05 18/12/03 +0100, Chris Bizer wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>we did some brainstorming about trust, context and the justification of
>query results and ended up with:
>- an extended RDF data model based on quintuples (a triple plus two
>additional elements: context and statement ID).
>- a trust-oriented query language for this data model
>- the concept of justification trees for tracking data provenance and data
>lineage.
>
>See: http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/trustcontextjustification/
>
>Our approach is much more data-oriented than the proof-oriented work of
>McGuinness and da Silva published at ISWC 2003 [1]. But we think for SemWeb
>applications which don't do heavy inferenceing such a approach could be
>sufficient.
>
>Is somebody working on similar approaches?
>Do you know any other groups working on the topic?
>
>What do you think about extending the RDF model for capturing context?
>What do you think about the approach in general?
>
>We are looking forward to any feedback :-)
>
>Regards
>
>Chris Bizer
>
>http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/ueber_uns/team/chris_bizer.htm
>
>[1]