Re: practical problems with rdf:parseType="Collection" implementation

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 03:16:38 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
> With lists, these leaves the possibility that there may be a significant
> penalty for list membership queries based on (say) a relational database
> RDF store.  I suspect that this can be optimized in an implementation.

There would most definatly be a penalty unless you entailed some
"invisible" triples along the lines of rdfs:memeber.

Which raises the question of why it wasn't specified. Does anyone have a
record of the issue that was raised in OWL and how/why it was closed?

- Steve