Re: White Paper - "Using OWL to Avoid Syntactic Rigor Mortis"

In my community (the US DoD) it is rather impossible to get communities
to agree to a common message format.  The logistics community has been
expressing things one way for years, and by golly they ain't gonna
change.  The mission planning community has likewise been using their
own terminology for years and they ain't gonna change.

Further, in a highly distributed environment like the Web I think that
it is very difficult to get agreement to a common message syntax.

If we can get agreement on the fundamental terms and their relationships
(i.e., an OWL Ontology) that would be terrific.

And my paper shows that ... that's sufficient.

What do other people think?  /Roger