RE: The Tragedy of RSS

> From: Dan Brickley [mailto:danbri@w3.org]
>
> FWIW I've worked on RSS 1.0, DC, ABC as well as tracking the
> INDECS, CRM etc work. There's no conflict: RDF was designed
> so that all such vocabs could be deployed within the same
> overarching framework. And RSS 1.0 was designed so that wide
> range of descriptive vocabulaies could be deployed within RSS
> feeds. Oftentimes, Dublin Core is plenty complex enough.
> Sometimes, a more explicitly modelled representation is worth
> the extra effort it imposes on consumers and producers of the feeds.

Ok Dan, I assume by plenty complex, you mean adequate, not complicated.
For example something I've come across: using DC/RSS to feed SMS
notifications. I'm buggered if I can see where the complexity is in the
data or what possible objection anyone could have to having DC in RSS;
RDF in the large I can understand.

Bill de hÓra
--
Propylon