Re: Innovation, community and queries

On 2002-05-23 19:38, "ext Seaborne, Andy" <Andy_Seaborne@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Does REGS allow queries to have variables for properties?  Example: "get all
> the properties and their values for a resouirce specified by URI"  I find
> myself doing this to extract structured RDF graphlets (e.g. vCards) from
> databases where the properties of the vCard might not all be present.

REGS doesn't have variables or do bindings. It returns subgraphs, and
is primarily aimed at resource discovery where the query identifies
resources bound to the root node of the query template, and a subgraph of
all properties for those resources is returned, which can be processed by
subsequent queries or other RDF applications as needed.

Patrick