RE: XSLT transforms application/xml+rdf to RDF database API calls

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Evan Lenz wrote:

> I cringed somewhat when Eric posted this, because I knew it was a quick hack
> and a short-term, between-conference-meetings collaboration between someone
> who knows RDF and someone who knows XSLT. Needless to say, a complete
> implementation will require someone who knows both :-)

Yeah, I'm already feeling a bit bad about jumping on him for encouraging
this, since it's undoubtedly very nifty.

> So I'm not ready to volunteer until I learn the RDF syntax. But it certainly
> remains on my list of potentially interesting things to hit with my favorite
> hammer (after examining prior art, of course). I do tend to be the
> "completer-finisher" type when it comes to these things.

Cool! Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. RDF syntax does have some fiddly
corner cases so ~80% complete parsers aren't unheard of.

> Evan
>
> P.S. If I already got a beer for this hack, what would a complete
> implementation get me? ;-)

Um, how about an SVG/RDF-generated image of some beer? Far more wholesome!

http://www.w3.org/2001/08/rdfweb/foafwho/_smallbeer_clipart.png
http://www.w3.org/2001/08/rdfweb/foafwho/_smallbeer_clipart.svg
http://www.w3.org/2001/08/rdfweb/foafwho/_smallbeer_outline.svg

see also http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Beer for relevant sub-classes(*)

If you're an XSLT fan, rummage around http://www.w3.org/2001/08/rdfweb/foafwho/imagemap/
for MaxF's XSLT that turns HTML imagemaps into SVG image annotations...

Dan

(*) my slightly broken Wordnet-on-the-Web service is evocative but
flawed, confusing senses with terms. hoping to completer-finish this
soon...