RE: parseType="literal"

The rest of the material posted makes sense to me, but I have trouble with
the example below - by any (current) reckoning, surely "q:name" is just a
literal string itself here (nothing can cross the quote threshold), and has
no connection whatsoever to the earlier xmlns:q=... (without making a
significant revision of the XML spec)??

3: Difficulties with QNames as Attribute Values

Moving on to example 7 a_7.xml:
[[[
   xmlns:eg="http://example.org/"
   xmlns:q="http://example.org/q"  >