Re: RDFX: My "vision" for an RDF/XML serialization, for both assertions and queries (RDF 2.0)?

On 2002-06-11 14:52, "ext Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
wrote:

> Given all the recent discussion about qnames vs. URIs, namespaces,
> and other issues with the present RDF/XML serialization model,
> I thought to post something that I've been working on for a while,
> which is an XML serialization for RDF which is compatable with the
> revised RDF/XML serialization in expressive power, but which has the
> following properties:
>
> 1. No qnames are used to denote resources, only URIs.
> 2. Provenance and statement attribution is central to the model.
> 3. Literals *could* be allowed to be subjects, should that later
>  be permitted, and that is anticipated by the serialization.
> 4. It provides for the expression of queries and scope/context
>  in RDF using the same serialization model.
> 5. It provides for the expression of implications similar to CWM's
>  log:implies.
> 6. Facility for inclusion of other schemas for modular design.

I forgot a very important one:

  7. An RDFX instance may be fully validated by an XML validator
     and authored in an validating XML editor.

also, per some recent tweaks following from some comments
by Tom Passin,

  8. An RDFX serialization is an attribute-only serialization
     with the single exception of XML literal content, and
     thus may be used embedded in XML instances with no
     concerns about the display of non-XML content yet with
     the beneficial side effect of the display of XML literal
     data content.

Cheers,

Patrick