Re: XML vs. RDF vs. N-Triples vs. N3 vs. CSV saga is up again (was: Re: Toss NTriples -- RDF Reification is all we need )

On 2002-06-07 1:45, "ext Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> your XML syntax for triples has been proposed on this list at least
> other
>
> I looked at all of those links, and did not see the proposal.
>
>> moment in the near future :) I do not want to worry anymore about what
>> will happen tomorrow, whether a new syntax will be proposed by some
> clever
>
> That is why I like Patrick's suggestion.  It isn't really a "new
> syntax", but just a "canonical RDF".  If you have a parser that parses
> RDF, it will parse this syntax.  So you can go ahead and continue doing
> things the complicated way, or you can use canonical RDF when you want
> to test graph isomorphism, write a bare-bones parser, and so on.

Exactly. It would be understood that it is a specialized serialization
for the express purpose of testing the behavior of parsers, not as
a replacement of the full RDF/XML, but since it *is* RDF/XML, there
is no need for (a) users to learn yet-another-syntax and (b) parser
implementors to support yet-another-syntax. Especially when that
syntax is not XML.

Cheers,

Patrick