Re: Question (RE: rdfs:isDefinedBy (Was Re: Representing DCMI semantics as RDF schemas versus Web pages))

On 2002-06-06 13:17, "ext Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr> wrote:

> [...]

Sure. But the key point is that you already have that schema available.

If all you have is the resource URI, and you have no further knowledge
in your database about that resource (no rdfs:isDefinedBy or rdfs:seeAlso
statements, etc.) then your stuck -- unless you resort to untrustworth
hacks based on guessing stuff about the structure of the resource URI
itself.

The long term solution, IMO is a distributed redirection knowledgebase
that simply stores such "see also" or "go there" type information about
resources, whether or not web-accessible, and applications can access
them similarly to DNS to *reliably* and unambiguously obtain pointers
to knowledge stores which can provide additional information about
the resource. And that solution would work for any arbitrary URI, not
just http: URIs.

Cheers,

Patrick