Re: N3 and N-Triples (was: RDF in HTML: Approaches)

At 12:14 PM 6/3/02 -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>>[[
>>NOTE: N-Triples is not an user RDF syntax - it is intended for RDF
>>Core WG testing purposes and checking RDF applications for
>>conformance with the specifications.
>>]]]
>
>Sure, it's not for users to write but it's for software to output. I think
>that some of my WG colleagues disagree with me on this, however.

There is a technical issue why N-triples is inadequate as a generic
"standard" exchange format - that it has inadequate internationalization
capabilities.  This was clear from corridor discussions with the I18N folk
at the last w3C technical plenary (I don't remember the detailed arguments,
but U18N folks kind-of indicated they'd hold their noses about N-triples if
it was clear that it's not intended as a common-use interchange format.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>