RE: RDF in HTML: Approaches

Hi Sean,

Excellent work, as all previous items coming from you. On [1], you claim
that "DTDs are large and relatively complex" for use by HTML authors. I
cannot say I agree, since I do not consider a WYSIWYG user as an HTML
author; on the other hand, it shouldn't be difficult for an HTML author
to learn some new tags to attach metadata to a document.

Also, DTDs are not the only way to embed RDF  XHTML while enabling
validation. One can easily use XHTML m12n in XML Schema [2]. A
convenient package of a modularized XSD for XHTML is at [3]. Extending
xhtml:head to include RDF can't be that hard, although I really don't
know how complete or  stable the approaches at [4] are.

[1] http://infomesh.net/2002/rdfinhtml/#embedAndValidate
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xhtml-m12n-schema-20011219/
[3]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xhtml-m12n-schema-20011219/xhtml-m12n-schem
a.zip
[4] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/09/rdf-xml-schema/

Kindest regards,

Manos

   RDF in HTML: Approaches
   Sean B. Palmer, 2002-06-02

I've sent it off to rdf-comments as input for the faq-html-compliance
issue. It's also highly relevant to the current TAG discussions, so I
will
be sending an announcement there too, at the risk of over-cross-posting.

Comments etc. are most welcome.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer