RE: [Fwd: Ontology mapping] Re: model-model mapping

Interesting material, thanks for posting this.

I'm just downloading the tech report from Sergey Melnik et al's work (below)
on automatically mapping between schemas for a little weekend reading - it's
a good paper. I was struck by the similarity between the kind of algorithm
used here and neural ones - the kind of inexact reasoning that I've thought
for a while would have a place within a semantic web.

Cheers,
Danny.

the paper

http://dbpubs.stanford.edu/pub/2002-1

describes a so-called "Similarity Flooding" algorithm for
general-purpose graph matching.

tech report :

http://dbpubs.stanford.edu:8090/pub/2001-25/

---