  • From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@mitre.org>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:21:13 -0500
  • Subject: Re: Ontology mapping
  • To: protege-discussion@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Hi, Andrzej,

I agree: semantic interoperability is really the generalization of the
problem of semantic mapping. I wasn't familiar with the ECIMF project,
so will take a look. Also, you should look at the Information Flow
Framework candidate standard upper ontology, if you are new to SUO:
http://suo.ieee.org/IFF/. Although fairly complicated (based on Barwise
& Seligman's Information Flow Theory, itself based on category theory)
and mostly a meta-ontology, I think it is trying to do perhaps something
similar to the Semantic Translation ontology: give a precise way of
interrelating (mapping) ontologies.

Thanks!
Leo