Re: rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > If unqualified attributes are allowed then there is a specific problem
with
> > cases where the element is not qualified in the RDF namespace.
>
> Unqualified attributes should only be allowed on elements that *are* in
the
> RDF namespace.  This is the XSLT approach (see literal result element as
> stylesheet, in particular)
>
> So, no more problem, yes?

The problem is that elements qualified by the RDF namespace and elements not
qualified by the RDF namespace must then be treated differently.

Try this: write out a grammar that allows your proposal, you will find that
it is simpler to qualify the RDF attribute names.

It is simpler to have a single attribute name for a single use, e.g.
rdf:resource, rdf:ID, rdf:about, to be used regardless of the namespace of
the enclosing element.

> > C: the reserved attribute names in an RDF/XML document always have their
> > special meaning, whatever the namespace of the element.
>
> Oh, but this would be beyond horrible. ... I'm not sure how C could ever
come into
> sane contemplation.  ;-)

what is so horrible? You should never get too attached to the name for a
thing, its just a name. Nothing bad will happen if you utter it.

Jonathan