Re: Provenance in RDF

Agreed.

Jena can also do this as it happens - it currently treats Statements as
subclasses (in the java sense) of Resources and so can have URIs and can be
explicitly referred to. This is controversial.

I call this "out of band" because, whilst we can do it at the programming level
easily enough, it is hard to reflect it in the existing RDF/XML or Ntriple
syntax other than by reification. The nearest offcial syntax support we have is
"bagID" which not only implies reification but adds an extra bag indirection.

Dave