RE: Namespaces are Simply Punctuation (was Re: [namespaceDocument-8] What should a "namespace document" look like?)

> From: Patrick Stickler [mailto:patrick.stickler@nokia.com]
>
> > On 2002-02-07 15:37, "ext Bill de hÓra" <dehora@eircom.net> wrote:
>
> > And the alternatives to these hacks being... ;)
>
> ... being something that should be explored and determined.
>
> If the only known approach is also known to be wrong, that fact that
> it is the only known approach is not justification for adopting it.
> Rather we need to look for other options.

Sure. Though is it reasonable to ask a developer community to sit on
their hands and wait for an architectural edict? It's hard to argue
convincingly on a point of architecture or engineeering when there are
no architectural or engineering principles to argue for (yet). I have
faith in people's ability to migrate to a decent architecture when such
an architecture becomes evident and compelling. I also hold that good
architecture arises as we learn from current practice, so I'd prefer to
let people practice. In the meantime I think we agree that things suck
and a better way needs to be found.

Bill de hÓra