RE: why query languages and RDF data have syntaxes?

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Graham Klyne wrote:

> FWIW, I think it's too soon to be trying to eliminate diversity in
> ("standardize") RDF queries.  In practice, I think the various query
> approaches can be mapped reasonably easily, so I don't think different
> queries create unbridgeable islands.  My own query mechanism ends up
> reducing to an SQL-ish kind of approach.

I'd agree with this Graham - there's a lot of similarity between
many of the languages. Dan Brickley had some conversion scripts between
squish and Algae for example (the nearest I can find is this:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Mar/0071.html)

Libby