RE: A Rough Guide to Notation3

On 23 Aug 2002 at 15:48, Danny Ayers wrote:

> So although there may be nothing amiss with n3 in itself,
> might there not be a danger of it playing a negative role in
> the adoption of RDF?

I think the only negative is the lack of a comprehensive spec (altho Sean has taken us in the right direction).

A non-XML syntax is easier to learn and use.  Witness the popularity of RELAX NG's compact syntax.  I'd love to see (or help develop) a spec for n3 similar to James
Clark's RNC tutorial [1].  Does anything like this exist?  Perhaps I've missed it.

n3 continues to feel very much like a "hack".  (Is that because it is?)

JohnE

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/compact-20020607.html