RDF RSS sitemaps [Re: Survey of RDF data on the Web]

Hi

On Mon 19-Aug-2002 at 11:01:21AM -0700, Seth Russell wrote:

> Processing large RDF files is very problematic not only when writing,
> but also when reading.  Perhaps the solution is not to use large
> files.  Instead use a lot of small files in one directory along with a
> RDF index file.  We could use a convention that a directory of RDF
> files is located at http://host/path/index.rdf  and then define a
> simple schema for these index files.

I've been thinking about this as well -- I generally put metadata for
web pages in an associated DC RDF file and link to it using <link
rel="meta" .../>, one RDF file per XHTML document.

This is fine if you are happy finding all the RDF files via XHTML pages
but in order to enable access to all the RDF files directly I was
thinking that perhaps a RSS 1.0 sitemap listing all the RDF files for a
site might be a good thing.

If RSS is used nothing new is needed, something like this would do:

  http://mkdoc.com/rss100sitemap.rdf

But with the items pointing to the RDF files and perhaps with the
addition of a <dc:format> for the mimetype.

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
everything else                               http://chris.croome.net/