Re: CYCLES IN CLASS/PROPERTY HIERARCHIES

Peter Crowther wrote:
> Also, what do you do where the range of one is a superclass of the range
of
> the other, or where the ranges intersect?  I see no particular reason to
> disallow these cases.

In the case we have a hierarchie of properties, e.g. p1 < p2. For my
personal feeling the subproperty p1 should not be alowed to be used with
resources the superproperty p2 is not allowed to. Therefore the domain (or
range) definition of the subproperty must be either equal or a subset
(subClassOf) of the domain (or range) definition of the superproperty.
When we allow cycles here the logical result would be that the domain and
range definitions must be equal.

Kindest regards,
Karsten
Karsten Tolle