Re: deliverables?

Murray Altheim wrote:
> I've yet to be convinced that DAML is the right vehicle for "our" Semantic
> Web. Oftentimes  are impressive for one reason or another,
> but it helps to remember they weren't usually developed with the same set
> of requirements. And damn, just too many cute military acronyms. Heavy OIL
> and GRUNT. I won't say what that sounds like.

FYI: OIL was originally developed in the context of the European IST-project
"OnToKnowledge" (http://www.ontoknowledge.org/). Later, it was merged with
DAML to create DAML+OIL, which actually inherited a lot of the ideas behind
the original OIL. I don't think DAML+OIL should be considered the result of
yet another fancy military project.

Regards,

Arjohn

--