Re: Toying with an idea: RDF Protocol

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> Is there a standard for this TCP binding so that we can
>> compare it with what Ken has done?
>
> You can use the exact same mechanism for SOAP as Ken describes. The
> reason for my mail was to put focus on the contents of the XML document
> rather than on whether one wants to use one TCP binding over another. As
> we are talking about XML documents in either case it is likely that a
> solution for one would also apply to the other.

I agree completely. Perhaps we should come up with some generic XML protocol
that is a superset of both RDF, SOAP and whatever else we come up with.

Henrik and Ken, would you be interested in writing something quick up on
this? I think it would be of great use to both the SOAP and RDF communities
to share this standard.