Re: Poll: RDF Use Cases

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Graham Klyne wrote:

> I concur with your two use-cases (especially the first, though one might
> say it's rather widely drawn).  Some more I'll offer:
>
> * Message archive mining (this is a particular use for your first
> case):  creating a metadata store linked to an email archive, with metadata
> obtained from protocol elements (RFC822 message headers and SMTP envelope),
> content scanning (e.g. keywords, file types) and other sources (e.g.
> retention policy).  This might be used for many things, including assisting
> retrieval of old messages from the archive.

FWIW, that's the kind of application we're planning on setting up here.
RDF and a set of rules would be used to aggregate different data sources.
Kind of "dynamic hypertext" where links between documents (HTML, XMl, text
e-mail, etc.) are drawn depending on the relations infered from the RDF
data found in the DB.

Would anyone want to share experience on this topic ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)