Re: what RDF is not (was Re: RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) W3C Working Draft published)

At 14:39 20/12/2001 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
>Subject: Re: RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) W3C Working
>Draft     published
>Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:30:29 +0000
>
>How is your solution any different from the solution to a related problem
>below?

I don't know.

>As far RDF is concerned both solutions depend on magic.

That puzzles me, as I'm sure I can implement the solution I had in mind, so
it can't be that magical.

As far as I can figure, Mike is considering building an application using
RDF.  This is good news, and to the extent that I can, I'd like to
encourage and support him.

Mike has asked for guidance on a specific *practical* problem, and building
on suggestions from others, I've suggested two possible solutions, with
different characteristics.  Both will work, but one may suit his
circumstances better than the other, which is why I've called out the
differences.

Peter, if you have a better solution to offer, I'd be happy to hear it.

Brian