Re: RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) W3C Working Draft published

>>>Brian McBride said:
> At 14:00 19/12/2001 +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
>
> >   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/common">
> >     ... shared properties here
> >   </rdf:Description>
> >
> >   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/tom">
> >     <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://example.org/common"/>
> >     .. more properties here ...
> >   </rdf:Description>
> >
> >   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example/jane">
> >     <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://example.org/common"/>
> >     .. more properties here ...
> >   </rdf:Description>
>
> Might want to be a little careful here.  Given this graph, many
> implemenations if asked:
>
>    what is the value of the sharedProperty of tom
>
> will not give an answer given this modelling style.

Yes.  I think I was a bit hasty and wrote that model on the fly while
still suffering from a head cold (a lot better now).  In retrospect,
it does look bogus :)

Sorry for that.

I'm not sure even aboutEach would have solved this particular
modelling problem.  RDF has subPropertyOf, subClassOf but does not
have subResourceOf - you can't inherit resources, or the properties
of them.

But given my previous error, maybe somebody with a clearer head can
help out.

Dave