RE: Common Metadata (was:RE: RDF in XHTML)

Thanks for your reply, but I can't say that I'm particularly reassured. You
mention ways of possibly bending aboutEachPrefix and seeAlso into use. You
also give reasons why these aren't exactly ideal. You refer to a syntactic
include mechanism - have you got an existing one in mind, or woud this need,
erm... including?

Let me suggest another scenario - I have 10000 documents on cheesemaking,
5000 of these are by the same author, 5000 by another, half of the documents
are from one publisher half from another (not along author lines or
anything). You will surely agree that this metadata doesn't represent much
information. Ok, perhaps I could dynamically generate metadata, perhaps I
could hack XSLT to do what I wanted. Or of course I could repeat the same
information 10000 times inline with all the documents.

The model for what's ideally needed is multiple inheritance, or at least
something approaching this. From what your saying there is no 'natural' way
of doing this with RDF as it stands. If there might a relatively
straightforward way using what's already available, all well and good,
otherwise there's going to be some hassle not far down the line. Is this
deserving of a 'see also' at the bottom of the rdfms-abouteachprefix issue?
Maybe not. But I'm going to be looking at topic maps a bit more closely from
now on...

Cheers,
Danny.

---