RE: RDF in XHTML

Danny Ayers [mailto:danny@panlanka.net] wrote:
[snip]

>In other words, let's have some cascading metadata.

The RDF Schema spec hints at 'rdfs:seeAlso' for cascading purposes, e.g.:

<rdf:RDF ...(namespaces)...>
	<rdf:Description rdf:about="" rdfs:seeAlso="furtherinfo.rdf"/>
</rdf:RDF>

>On another line, forget XHTML for a moment, how do we embed metadata in
>other XML markups?

I thought this is what XML Namespaces are for!  Just embed your elements,
any processor that doesn't recognise the namespace (within its context) can
ignore it.  Note that to validate such documents properly (and allow such
open mixing-and-matching of different 'XML mini-languages') will require XML
Schema.

regards

Lee