RE: yet another strawman, was Re: generic XML to RDF triple mapping

Dan Brickley wrote:

> I'm still digesting Brian's note on anonymous nodes, so may yet change my
> mind, but I have to say I've learned to live with anonymous nodes in
> RDF. Having hacked around with various implementation strategies, I'm now
> happy with anonymous nodes so long as we have strategies for identifying
> those resources through description.

> For example, a Person node might lack a URI in some chunk of RDF data, but
> come with a description of their foo:personalMailbox or
> bar:personalHomePage, either of which is sufficient to uniquely pick out
> some individual.

Yes. But isn't this the XPath/XPointer approach? e.g.

/person[foo:personalMailnox='joe@somewhere.com']
/person[bar:personalHomePage='http://www.somewhere.com/~joe']

The point I am trying to make is exactly this:

A URI can be constructed for an 'anonymous' resource using the XPointer
fragment identifier bult from what is essentially an XPath query string,
i.e. a description

Jonathan Borden
The Open Healthcare Group
http://www.openhealth.org