Re: RDF Issue Tracking: two issues

Thanks Graham. I agree on the API point; my phrasing below was obscure.

What I meant to say was not that API design will help us clarify our
thoughts on this (though it might). Rather, that API design might
benefit from our having a cleare conceptual distinction between the (pure,
mathematical) RDF abstract model and the (pragmatic, context-tracking etc
etc) behaviour of RDF databases.

Some discussion in this area bogs down because our minds easily slip
(without clear argument) from...

(i) "you can't have repeated occurance of the same triple in an rdf model
(citing the set theoretic definitions in m+s)" (plausible as far as it
goes)

(ii) "an RDF database / API should throw an exception or fail to change
state if the same triple is added at different times" (false, IMHO).

Anyhow, here's two more items for the issue list. Further suggestions
(+analysis / summaries) very welcome...

Dan