RE: summary of 'a triple is not unique' and 'statements/reifi ed' statements

McBride, Brian wrote:

> > From: Gabe Beged-Dov [mailto:begeddov@jfinity.com]
> >
> > Sightings of these triples can occur in many places of which places on
> > the web are of most interest to me. An RDF/XML document is a specific
> > place that members of the universal Statements set can  either occur
> > in and/or be referred to. The M&S provides a way to capture the fact
> > that these occurences or references happened at a specific place on
> > the web. The URI portion of the reified resource identifier provides
> > this information.
>
> Should such an identifier exist.  Most of such resources are anonymous.

	All statements made in a document are identified by a URI. The URI may
contain a fragment identifier which is an ID if one is explicitly provided
or an XPointer if one is not, hence no location within an XML document is
anonymous (modulo certain whitespace and other items not in the infoset).

> You have established that that the bags representing descriptions
> are modeling syntactic entitities, i.e. the description elements
> in a document.  But I'm not sure you've made the case that the
> resources in a bag representing a description (i.e. the reified
> statements) represent statings not statements, if indeed that is
> the intent.

	It depends on what you consider the URI that identifies the statement in
the description bag (e.g. (bagURI,_1,statementURI) the statement or the
stating. Since the URI itself does not define the triple but points to where
the triple is stated, it is reasonable to call this the stating.

Jonathan Borden
The Open Healthcare Group
http://www.openhealth.org