Re: A triple is not unique.

Sergey Melnik wrote:

> Being able to talk about statements is a central concept of RDF and I
> think it should be anchored in the RDF model more intrinsically than it
> is done currently. I don't see a need to bootstrap reification using 4
> special RDF statements. I'd rather have it built-in.

So would I.  Strangely enough there is a simple way to do it; and it would
require a minimum change in a RDF model.  We could treat  statement triples
exactly the same way we treat literals, allowing them to be objects but not
subjects.  The change in [M&S section 5] would be as follows:

   Where pred is a property (member of Properties), sub
   is a resource (member of Resources), and obj is either
   a resource or a literal (member of Literals) or a statement.

The graphic model would would allow us to terminate an arc on another arc - see
[Oedipus].

All the implementors would need to do is add an internal id to each statement,
which most of us have done already.

This will also solve the 2 troubles mentioned in [ReificationTroubles].

[Oedipus] http://robustai.net/ai/Oedipus.htm
[M&S section 5] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#model
[ReificationTroubles]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Nov/0316.html