Re: RDF API convergence? was Re: ANNOUNCE: RDF.NET

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Seth Russell wrote:

> I think any discussion of a common API should begin with a clear
> (almost mathematical) understanding of what interoperable means.

I would endorse this. And add a plea for a complementary clear statement
of the interoperability benefits a common API can offer in terms of
improved services, effective resource discovery. In the short and medium
term :-)

Some may prefer this on a separate list, but, for me, I would prefer heavy
traffic, the delete key, and some chance of a common view.

I agree open debate on this list may be a distraction, but a statement of
objectives in terms of 'service to the user' would, I believe, be
beneficial

Rachel
Rachel Heery
UKOLN (UK Office for Library and Information Networking)
University of Bath                              tel: +44 (0)1225 826724
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK                               fax: +44 (0)1225 826838
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/