Re: XML.com 'Semantic Web: A Primer' article (the SW and you ;-)

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Edd Dumbill wrote:

> show more routes than RDF/XML... XHTML, XSLT -- and XML protocol-related
> stuff like UDDI that comes in from the "other side."
>
> My article attempted to show that if you were attracted by the SW
> vision, there were things you could do now to explore it more.
>
> > I'd really like to see some Semantic Web applications
>
> Now there, I definitely agree.

Now, if you want an application that really rocks, I can't do anything for
you. But if you want something that looks (to me at least) like a nice
foundation to build other things on top and already does 'simple semantic'
manipulations (including this HTML/XSLT example[1]), I'd humbly suggest
having a look at the code of our Narval project (http://www.logilab.org/)
and burry me under a pile of e-mail if you want, I'll answer all of them
(I like e-mail ;-). That's all GPL stuff, of course.

Two more lines before stopping my shameless advertisement: Narval is an
intelligent personnal assistant that uses extensively XML, XSL et al. to
represent and manipulate information.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)

[1] it builds my daily HTML newspaper by scrapping websites and
integrating the result with various others RDF/RSS sources.