Re: XML.com 'Semantic Web: A Primer' article (the SW and you ;-)

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 11:06:24PM -0600, Aaron Swartz wrote:
> Also, I was disappointed that Edd's article (like the rdf-logic list) merged
> the theory and implementation of the Semantic Web.

This was, in fact, my intent.  There's no use spouting (sometimes vague)
theory to developers unless you can back it up with some ways of getting
in there and implementing this stuff.  Furthermore, I also attempted to
show more routes than RDF/XML... XHTML, XSLT -- and XML protocol-related
stuff like UDDI that comes in from the "other side."

My article attempted to show that if you were attracted by the SW
vision, there were things you could do now to explore it more.

> I'd really like to see some Semantic Web applications

Now there, I definitely agree.

-- Edd