(unknown charset) Re: do XML Datatypes work for RDF?

RDF IG,

I'd like to set a deadline for RDF IG review comments on this topic, which
I'll then summarise, circulate here, and pass back to the XML Schema
folks. Can anyone with an interest in this please post a response to Dan's
message within the coming week. I'll then summarise over weekend of 2000-02-25.

So:  review comments to the list please by 2000-02-24 (next friday)

As a rule for making progress, bear in mind that objections to specific
technical proposals are far more likely to be listened to if they're
accompanied by a positive proposal. That said, this shouldn't stop RDF IG
members pointing out possible technical difficulties simply because they
can't see how to fix the situation. We need to bear in mind that the
outcome of this review may ultimately feed into the TODO list of the XML
datatypes editors; consequently positive proposals should accompany any
critique of their existing specification.

Thanks for your careful attention on this topic. The RDF specs took care
to try to anticipate the XML datatypes work, but I feel we need input at
this point from RDF implementors to give a firm answer to Dan's questions.

Dan

--
RDF Interest Group chair
mailto:danbri@w3.org