Re: XMLCAL

-----Original Message-----
From: greg fizpatrick <josesanjose@hotmail.com>
To: timbl@w3.org <timbl@w3.org>; gf@medianet.org <gf@medianet.org>;
paf@swip.net <paf@swip.net>; connolly@w3.org <connolly@w3.org>; hjelm@w3.org
<hjelm@w3.org>; moore@cs.utk.edu <moore@cs.utk.edu>;
pregen@egenconsulting.com <pregen@egenconsulting.com>; bobmah@MIT.EDU
<bobmah@MIT.EDU>; fdawson@earthlink.net <fdawson@earthlink.net>;
Doug.Royer@software.com <Doug.Royer@software.com>; phill@myriad.com
<phill@myriad.com>; David.Madeo@msdw.com <David.Madeo@msdw.com>;
Bruce_Kahn@iris.com <Bruce_Kahn@iris.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>; sman@netscape.com
<sman@netscape.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: XMLCAL

>Tim wrote:
>Conclusion: very appropriate to map to RDF: a shoe-in. This would release a
>few tensions/ambiguities in iCaldendar as is, too, and remove much
>unnecessary extension stuff from the spec.
>
>Greg:
>I don't think shoe-in is exactly the right word for it.  I have been
hanging
>around on RDF lists for over a year now and I think it would be pretty
>adventurous  to take iCal, which is already used in quite a few applicatins
>into that fray

Once one has a mapping between something like iCalendar and RDF, and some
sofware to go at least one way, then you don't have to take anyone into any
"fray", One could  just suck up iCal stuff and analyse with with RDF tools
etc.

The interesting exercise is to check the extent to which an application
which has been designed without RDF in mind naturally falls into an RDF
model.

Tim