Re: RDFS bug "A property can have at most one range property"

Tim,

sorry, I missed this when it was first posted.

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>  in that it says that "A property can have at most one range property. "
> This basically doens't mean anything on the web.

Yes, this is a bug, and having to reconvene the RDFS WG (since this is
not a mere editorial change) is an obstacle for pushing RDFS forward in
the W3C process.

> (Why haven't I spotted that before? I guess just skipped over range and
> domain
> assuming they had their normal meanings).

I have a distinct recollection that you and I had lengthy discussions
about this last spring.

Anyway, I fear that this bug is related to a greater problem in RDFS
which begs to be addressed: properties of properties (such as range)
should be defined on a per-class basis - kinda tricky in our
property-centric approach.

> Please remove the offending wording from the spec.

As I said, we need to "rehydrate" the WG to do this.

	- Ora

--
Ora Lassila <daml@lassila.org> +1 (781) 993-4603