Re: [Fwd: xmlns, uri+name pairs or just uris..? Clarification needed.]

Dan Brickley wrote:
> > the document/document fragment describing a property is *not* the property, and they should not be mandated to have the same URI (though I admit this is a very practical way of naming properties...)
>
> This used to bother me a lot, until I came to a more abstract view of
> what something like http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_main is a name for.
> Or something like http://example.com/xmlns-evocab/v1.
>
> It's a 'thing known to the Web' that can expose different renderings of
> itself according to contextual circumstance.

That's why I don't see why a property is mandated to have its URI of the form

  http://somewhere.org/someschema#propname

A property named

  uuid:04374285-aa7a-45b6-84d9-e88f2746171e

is just as fine to me, and some adequate service should be able to retrieve the part of
http://somewhere.org/someschema defining it !

  Pierre-Antoine

--- Quid quid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
    Whatever is said in Latin sounds important.