RE: rdf in practice

You've done some very nice work here with XSL-T and RDF, and I am very
tempted to follow you lead and stick to using RDF.

But I am still unsure about how one could use this set up to select
particular pieces of xml content from within a file according to the RDF
metadata associated with them.

For example say you have a large report and you want to filter it so that
you only see the introduction of each chapter.  You could have the report
marked up in XML, and particular peices of it could be refered to in the RDF
file with XPATH and asssociated with metadata (e.g. 'introduction').

I don't see how you could use XSL-T to use the information in the RDF file,
or even it doing that would make sense.

Using RDF would mean separating the metadata from the XML document content.
But some of the metadata concerns the structure of the document content.
This structure would surely be more richly encoded in a DOM tree.  If there
is no structure in the XML document then XPath references to individual
pieces of content would have to use ID attributes, which are currently
supported my most parsers.

Can you offer any wisdom on these questions.

		Mischa