Re: A weird question?

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Jeff Sussna wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure myself this makes sense, but I think it does. Has
> anyone thought about an RDF vocabulary for describing XML Schema documents?

This is pretty much what the DCD proposal (proof of concept?)
from IBM/Microsoft shows -- http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-dcd
Or rather, it makes explicit some of the assertions about
elements/attributes etc that XML Schema documents make. Or do you mean
the use of RDF to describe administrative and resource-discovery
metadata about the schemas? (eg. title/description/subject/creator etc?)

There are also quite a few people are interested in reflecting the
dataypes component of XML Schema into the RDF data model; I think that should be
a reasonably straightforward task. That too would in a sense be
'using RDF for describing XML Schemas', ie. given some XML Schema
datatype descriptions, re-describe that info as a set of RDF statements.

Dan