Re: Relevant Technologies Document: Application Profiles

Hi Mark,

Reading through the descriptive text for the MEG project it looks like
application profiles are being used as an alternative way of viewing the
subclassing of schemas (alternative to RDFS that is.)  I'm not sure that
most of what MEG describes couldn't be done instead in RDFS+OWL, though
perhaps a bit more transparently in MEG.  Tools like MEG could be used
in a database-like sense to decide whether data is complete and
consistent enough to bother entering into my local database, but I
suspect there will always be some more work that needs to be completed
in the object mapping layer before you can know for certain that the
object will be usable in OO space.

Cheers,
-kls