Re: RDF/XML with xml:base with URI with no path component

Dan,

I agree with the test case, or I'm missing your point.

Why do you think one might get "http:reluri"?

The base URI contains an authority component, which as I understand it is
required to be part of the expanded relative URI.

At: http://www.gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rfc/rfc3986.html#components

Note that the leading '//' always indicates an authority component present,
which may be followed by an empty path or '/' -- there a special case in the
syntax to cover the empty path.  Also, ins ection 5.3.2, we have "If the base
URI has a defined authority component and an empty path, then return a string
consisting of "/" concatenated with the reference's path; otherwise, ..."

#g
--

--
Graham Klyne