Re: Error in RDF/XML Syntax Specification?

For those who had trouble grokking the cryptic report below (it appears
that I'm not very good at multi-tasking...): it describes a piece of
RDF/XML data containing a literal equivalent to ""^^xsd:string in
Turtle, which I thought was correct RDF/XML:

   <rdf:Description rdf:ID="ID1">
       <foo:prop rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
       ></foo:prop>
   </rdf:Description>

However, Sesame's parser (Rio) reported an error on it saying the
'rdf:datatype' attribute is not allowed here. The RDF/XML spec seems to
agree with Sesame here, which is not what I had expected. Is this an
error in the spec?

Arjohn

--
arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz