Re: rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Enzi wrote:

> Dear members of the working group,
>
> regarding to one of the points that are "under discussion" I wanted to
> comment that from my point of view there is a need of differentiating
> between rdf:ID and rdf:about as Aaron's Proposal 2.

Thank you for the input Thomas.  I have forwarded your message to the working
group.

> Within the project that I am into I have explicitly used rdf:ID to specify that
> the description of a resource has got this ID.

I don't feel confident that I know this area of the spec particularly well,
however, I think you may be on dodgy ground here.  I don't believe it says
anywhere that an rdf:ID is an XML ID attribute.  If it were, there would be
some ambiguity about what http://example#id denoted.

The semantics of fragment ID's is an issue the WG is still to consider.
Things might be clearer after that.

Brian