[Fwd: connection to natural language in schema defs [was: Comments to MCF XML proposal]]

Attached is a message I sent way back...

It's still relevant. I think we're setting a bad precedent
for the use of RDFS:Comment.

In stead of:

=======
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/WD-rdf-schema-19980814/#dublincore

<rdfs:comment>The name given to the resource, usually by the Creator
    or Publisher.</rdfs:comment>
=======

Please write:

--------
<rdfs:comment>For Thing--title-->String read: Thing is
    entitled String.
</rdfs:comment>
--------

Hmm... maybe I'm suggesting a different facility, which
is some stuff to facilitate machine translation of
schemas to natural language. Consider:

<nl:explain xml:lang="en" nl:about="#Title">
  The title of <nl:propObj> is <nl:propValue>.
</nl:explain>

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/