Re: SPARQL query to calendar Re: toIcal.py - failed attempt of using it

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 08:07 +0900, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 26 nov. 2006 à 03:14, Dan Connolly a écrit :
[...]
> > Is the public-cwm-talk mailing list hard to find? I wonder why you
> > didn't send your message there, and/or www-rdf-calendar.
>
> hmm good question.
> I used this program because dom recommended it, so my starting point
> is a mail. And inside the program comment, there's nothing which says
> send your feedback to public-cwm-talk or www-rdf-calendar.

Ah. OK. Maybe I should fix that.

It does say...

see also:
  RDF Calendar Workspace
  http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/

... but maybe that's too indirect.

> > What is it that you're trying to do?
>
> A bit more context, it is for my review work on specification.
>

> -> SPARQL request on tr.rdf
>     curl -o lastcall.rdf 'http://www.sparql.org/sparql?query=…SPARL
> request…'
>

>          #  SPARQL query for Deadline on Last Calls
>          PREFIX rec: <http://www.w3.org/2001/02pd/rec54#>
>          PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
>          PREFIX cal: <http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icaltzd#>
>
>          CONSTRUCT {[] a cal:Vcalendar; cal:component [a cal:Vtodo;
>          cal:summary ?title; cal:dtstart ?deadline]}
>          FROM  <http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf>
>          WHERE {
>          ?LastCall dc:title ?title .
>          ?LastCall rec:lastCallFeedBackDue ?deadline .}
>          ORDER BY ?deadline
>
> -> lastcall.rdf to lastcall.ics
>     python toical.py lastcall.rdf > lastcall.ics
>
> So I get a calendar of every Last Call Deadlines, which helps me to
> track which ones are urgent to review and I might not have done.

Interesting idea.

As long as you're using code from 2000/10/swap, you might want
to try cwm's SPARQL support.

"Cwm can now run as a SPARQL server. This includes:
      * cwm --sparql=, which behaves like --query="
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/changes.html

Also, I think that query will make a separate cal:Vcalendar
bnode for each result. I doubt that's what you want. I think
maybe mozilla's calendar supports that, but Apple iCal seems
to throw away everying after the 1st BEGIN:VCALENDAR.

You might try something like...

  CONSTRUCT {<#c1> a cal:Vcalendar; cal:component [a cal:Vtodo;

> Probably, I should also create my own rdf file with what I have
> reviewed, but I'm not sure where to start yet.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E